Trading 212 Review
Trading 212 is well-known for its low-cost trading and very user-friendly mobile app and overall trading experience. This makes it especially attractive to newcomers wanting to avoid hidden fees. However, online tools, research and education offerings are basic at best, and the scope of investments is certainly limited.
Trading 212 pros & cons
- Easy-to-use and simplistic mobile app and trading platform.
- Zero commissions on all trades.
- Fractional shares are available to trade and invest in.
- There are fairly large deposit fees for accounts with large sums. For example, for a £30,000 account, given the 0.70% fee charged for deposits above £2,000, you would pay a £196 deposit fee.
- Although there are some decent videos, the majority of the educational content is average at best.
- Extremely limited research.
- Over 10,000 global stocks and ETFs are available to trade, but there are no funds, investment trusts or government bonds on offer.
For the 2022 StockBrokers.com U.K. Review, we assessed, rated, and ranked 11 U.K. share dealing platforms over a 10-week time period. Each broker was exhaustively tested on all available platforms and graded on 53 different variables. In total, over 17,000 words of research were produced.
Our rigorous data validation process yields an error rate of less than .001% each year, providing site visitors with quality data they can trust. Our team.
About the Editor
Carolyn Kimball is managing editor for Reink Media and the lead editor for the StockBrokers.com Annual Review. Carolyn has more than 20 years of writing and editing experience at major media outlets including NerdWallet, the Los Angeles Times and the San Jose Mercury News. She specializes in coverage of personal financial products and services, wielding her editing skills to clarify complex (some might say befuddling) topics to help consumers make informed decisions about their money. Read more about Carolyn.
About the Author
Steve Miley With 30 years of experience in institutional financial markets, Steve has won multiple awards from Technical Analyst Magazine, including "Best Independent Fixed Income" and "Best FX Research." In addition to his work with StockBrokers.com, Steve is the founder of The Market Chartist, where he provides market research for institutional clients; and is editor-in-chief for FXExplained.co.uk.